AIS Discussion Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AIS Discussion Forum

This is a forum dedicated to answering questions posed by all fellow students regarding AIS and USC.

Queries about the university and also about living, student life, placements etc.

svenkat91

Queries about the university and also about living, student life, placements etc. Empty Queries about the university and also about living, student life, placements etc.

Post  svenkat91 Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:05 am

Hello Sir,
    My name is S Venkata Raju, pursuing B-Tech (Final year) Electronics and Tele Communication Engineering at NIT(National Institute of Technology), Raipur. I want to pursue MS in Electrical Engineering (VLSI Design) for Fall 2013. My Revised GRE score is 307/340 (Quant-163, Verbal-144) which is 1150/1600 in old pattern(Quant-780, Verbal-370) and TOEFL score is 74/120 (will be retaking shortly). I will be applying to some selected universities shorlty and want to know more about the universities in order to choose the better one. I'm doing R&D for selecting universities and i need ur help in giving me some better knowledge about University of Buffalo, State University of New York .

I would like to briefly provide my profile to evaluate and give some advice/suggestions:
    Academics- 7.66/10 (CGPA) - Autonomous university.
    1 paper presentation participation at IIT Guwahati
    Attended 2 workshops conducted by texas instruments & Ablabs.
    6weeks internship & training certified by carnegie mellon university.
    4weeks mini project from ECIL hyderabad and 2 weeks mini project fron DRDO, hyderabad.
    6 Months Work experience in Teaching Mathematics at a private institute.
    Does some donations to orphanage, old age homes and blood banks.
    Decent LOR's and Good SOP.
    I would be very much thankful to you, if you could tell me for my profile whether do i stand a chance of getting admission in University of Buffalo, State University of New York . Please do help me about this because i have only 5 universities to apply and if i get rejected from all then i will be in a very big problem.

I also want to know some information about University of Buffalo, State University of New York and they are as follows:
    Tuition Fee per sem?
    How good is Research going in VLSI Design?
    How are the Placements (Packages) after MS. Is it easy to get a good job after MS or is there a heavy completion and difficult to find a job?
    How is the campus, classrooms, labs and other facilites in the campus?
    How easy is it to find a part time job (off campus or oncampus)?
    How is the funding scenario? Do i stand a chance with my profile to get any fee waiver/TA/RA?
    How is the climate around the year?

After doing some R & D, found that i have chances of getting in University of Buffalo, State University of New York and would like to confirm it from you so that i can know more about my chances of getting an admit and also get more authentic knowledge about University of Buffalo, State University of New York . Finally and most importantly i would like to admit that my main goal/motive for doing MS is to make Good amount of money, so i want to know whether doing VLSI Design in University of Buffalo, State University of New York will get me a good job(Good Package).

I am very much thankful to you for patiently going through all this , please do help me with this and if possible please try to reply me as soon as possible because i have only few days left to decide and apply to the university.

Thanking You,
    S Venkata Raju

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:52 pm